- 12.4 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor with Shake Reduction
- 720p HD movie mode (Motion JPEG)
- ISO from 200 to 12800, expanded 100 to 25600
- 11-point TTL phase-matching autofocus (SAFOX IX) with viewfinder focus points
- 6 fps continuous mode, 25 JPEGs or 12 RAW files
- 3.0 inch, 921K dot LCD screen with Live View
- SD/SDHC memory card
- Lithium-ion battery or 4 AAs with option holder
(From Pentax literature) PENTAX Imaging Systems Division has announced a new digital SLR line with color accents that allow owners to choose one that matches their personal style. The colorful PENTAX K-r DSLR camera offers advanced yet simple to use features at an attractive price.
The compact, lightweight PENTAX K-r is easy to use with Auto Picture, Scene, and Custom Image Processing modes that take the guesswork out of shooting stunning images while still offering a high degree of manual and priority control. The K-r offers a variety of new and improved features including a fast framerate, high ISO sensitivity, responsive autofocus, an improved 12.4 megapixel low-noise sensor and widescreen HD video capture that take it a step above an entry-level DSLR camera.
Key features of the PENTAX K-r that are new or have been improved upon from the most recent entry to mid-level PENTAX DSLR models include:
- Three stylish color choices include traditional black, the new classic white, and PENTAX red reflect any owner’s personal style.
- Large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution.
- Faster high speed 6 FPS framerate that captures 25 images in a single sequence.
- A maximum 1/6000 second shutter speed.
- Viewfinder focus point indicator.
- Improved in-camera HDR image capture including a Night Scene HDR mode.
- High sensitivity 100-25600 ISO range with improved noise performance from the new 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor.
- Versatile dual-power-source design, which offers the choice of either a rechargeable lithium-ion battery or four AA-size battery power (using optional AA Battery Holder D-BH109).
- Infrared data transfer compatible with the IrSimple™ high-speed infrared data transmission system for wireless data transfer to the web or other IrSimple-compatible devices (includes a match-game between two PENTAX K-r’s).
Other important features of the new K-r models include:
- Widescreen 720p HD video at 25 FPS.
- PENTAX-original Shake Reduction mechanism for sharp, blur-free images that works with every PENTAX lens ever made/
- Dust Removal mechanism, to shake dust off the CMOS image sensor.
- Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX autofocus system with dedicated AF assist lamp.
- Wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters.
With a highly portable, compact and lightweight body in a choice of colors, the K-r holds appeal for busy parents, family memory-keepers, travelers and anyone who reflects personal style in all their pursuits including their journey into photography or videography as a skill or hobby. The PENTAX K-r digital SLR will ship in October 2010 for as follows:
K-r Body Kit $799.95 USD
K-r Lens Kit w 18-55 $849.95 USD
K-r Double Lens Kit w 18-55, 50-200 $899.95 USD
See the Pentax K-r Preview at imaging-resource.com. Or post your own review below!