- 6.1-megapixel CCD delivers 3,008 x 2,008 pixel images
- ISO from 200 to 3,200
- High-precision 5-point autofocus with SAFOX VIII
- Large 2.5 inch LCD monitor
- Convenient SD media card storage and High Speed USB 2.0 data transfer
- Digital preview function (captures an image with current settings and displays on LCD without saving to flash memory)
- Compact, go-anywhere body with high-rigidity stainless-steel chassis
(From company literature) Pentax Corporation is pleased to announce the marketing of the Pentax *ist DL2 lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera to offer the fun and excitement of high-quality digital SLR photography to many levels of photographers - especially first-time digital SLR users.
Developed as a proud successor to the popular *ist DL, this new digital SLR inherits many of its predecessor's popular features, including a compact, lightweight and easy-to-hold body and a simple, accessible operation system. At the same time, it provides several improvements and additions, such as an increased number of AF sensor points and eight user-friendly Scene Modes.
As a result, it delivers greatly enhanced overall cost performance to its users. Pentax believes that the new *ist DL2 is an ideal starter camera for many different users around the globe, ranging from photographic novices and family snapshot enthusiasts to current digital-compact and film-SLR users who want to take up digital SLR photograph. This camera is not available in Europe.
Post your review below!