(From company literature) Manfrotto 055D. Lightweight, sturdy and portable, this basic tripod is one of the easiest of all Manfrotto tripods to handle. This tripod has been designed for all 35 mm and medium format photographic cameras, digital or conventional type. Equipped with a two way head can also be an ideal support for spotting scopes or camcorders or digital video camcorders. Diameter legs in mm:30,25,20. Available in silver or black.
• Simple, functional, no-frills
• Very sturdy and stable
• Broad working height range from very low to very high
• High load capacity
• Versatile product for all-round use
• World-wide spares and service back-up
• SLR cameras with short and/or light fixed-length lenses
• SLR cameras with mid-long focal length lenses and zooms
• Medium format cameras
• Spotting scopes and sport optics
• Compact camcorders (MicroDV, MiniDV or equivalent size)
• Heavy duty studio work
• Outdoor use (protected against damp/cold and easy to transport on foot)
Number of Leg Sections: 3
Leg Angles: 25, 43, 73, 90 degrees
Leg Lock Type: Wing Nut
Maximum Operating Height: 181 cm / 71.3 in.
Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 137 cm / 53.9 in.
Would you recommend the product? Yes |
Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9
Good, sturdy tripod
Weight? (when compared to carbon fiber)
As basic as tripods from Manfrotto can get I guess. Simple and easy to use, with good height. The twisting knobs are a little slow to operate sometimes, but I usually manage to open and lock them within half a turn. It turns out I prefer the knobs as it allows finer adjustment of the leg lenghts on uneven terrain versus the lever type.
The centre column on the other hand could be made better. Even with a slight off balanced loading, sliding the column down can be sometime jerky as gets stuck and frees itself.
Nothing much else, its very sturdy and hold a good load. I even hang my backpack on the hook I fixed to the centre column.