(From company literature) Gitzo G2228 Explorer Tripod. The G2228 is a four-section Carbon Fiber version of the Explorer Series. Versatility is the key to this tripod. Quick to set up, rugged in construction, innovative in design, and loaded with features that offer shooting positions that would be virtually impossible with standard tripods.
Features such as ergonomically designed leg-angle-locking that allows the legs to be individually locked at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees. The Explorer also makes ground level shooting a snap with a unique shoulder-knuckle design that allows the column to be tilted 100 degrees, rotated freely through 360 degrees, and locked into any position.
The center column is fitted with an aluminum head plate with reversible 1/4-20" and 3/8" screw, plus a weight hook at the base.
Adding even more versatility to the Explorer is the G1275M and G1276M "off center" ball heads.
- Finish: Gray & Black Enamel
- Material: Carbon Fiber/Aluminum
- Column Type: Rapid
- Head Mount: Reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8" Screw
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Leg Lock Type: Twist
- Maximum Operating Height: 165.1 cm / 65 in.
- Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 137.2 cm / 54 in.
- Minimum Operating Height: 12.7 cm / 5 in.
- Folded Length: 55.9 cm / 22 in.
- Maximum Load: 6 kg / 13.2 lbs
- Weight: 2 kg / 4.41 lbs