(From company literature) Gitzo G1258LVL Leveling Mountaineer Carbon 6X Tripod. Improving on perfection, the G1258LVL 4 section tripod features a leveling center column eliminating the need to make adjustments to the legs when shooting on uneven ground. Perfect for Spotting scopes, QTVR multi shot panoramic photography and even prosumer DV camcorders.
Gitzo's new generation of carbon fiber tripods (from Series 00 to 2) incorporates a revolutionary design process that reduces overall tripod weight up to 17%* without sacrificing strength or stability.
One-third thinner than the existing tube and composed of 6 X-crossed layers, this multilayer carbon tube is a new technology which allows the tripod to have the same unparalleled performance of the well known Gitzo 1.5mm tube while offering a 30% weight reduction.
Along with the Anti-Leg Rotation (ALR) system, this new range of carbon fiber tripods is another first from Gitzo. All mountaineer tripods in Series 1 and Series 2 are fitted with an anti-rotation grooved center column for increased stability. In addition, all carbon center columns are reinforced at the top for increased durability.
Gitzo carbon tubes use an exclusive process based on pull winding of long carbon fibers that are precisely wrapped and combined under high pressure and temperature with epoxy resin to a 1mm wall thickness. This manufacturing process ensures stiff, light tubes resistant to bending, have good tensile and compression strength, a high degree of stability in extreme temperatures, absorbs vibration and withstands fatigue better than other carbon fiber tube processes.
Carbon fiber Rapid center columns are now grooved to prevent rotation and increase stability. A stainless steel weight retractable hook is attached to the base of the center column, providing a convenient place to add extra stability in windy conditions.
Mountaneer 6X tripods are constructed using a "screw thread and adhesive" dual jointing technology pioneered by Gitzo. Called "H.I.S." (Hybrid Interconnecting System), thus construction technique provides greater strength and stability.
(*Although tubes are 30% lighter, actual weight savings vary by model based on castings, bushings etc.)
• Leveling Center Column with spirit level
• Performance type -- enables the legs to be set individually at 24, 55 and 90 degrees to cover every angle you want to shoot
• 4 leg sections offer robust stability for outdoor nature and backpacking photographers
- Finish: Gray & Black Enamel
- Material: Carbon Fiber 6X
- Column Type: Leveling Rapid
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Leg Lock Type: Twist
- Foot Type: Removable Rubber
- Head Mount: 1/4"-20 and 3/8" Reversible Stud
- Maximum Operating Height: 153.5 cm / 60.4 in.
- Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 132 cm / 52 in.
- Minimum Operating Height: 34 cm / 13.4 in.
- Folded Length: 55 cm / 21.7 in.
- Maximum Load: 8 kg / 17.6 lbs
- Weight: 1.59 kg / 3.5 lbs