(From company literature) Gitzo G1257G Mountaineer Reporter Carbon 6X. A quick setup, precision geared tripod, for all formats including Field 4X5 and 120 Panoramic cameras light enough to use in the field.
Gitzo's new generation of carbon fiber tripods (from Series 00 to 2) incorporates a revolutionary design process that reduces overall tripod weight up to 17%* without sacrificing strength or stability.
One-third thinner than the existing tube and composed of 6 X-crossed layers, this multilayer carbon tube is a new technology which allows the tripod to have the same unparalleled performance of the well known Gitzo 1.5 mm tube while offering a 30% weight reduction.
Along with the Anti-Leg Rotation (ALR) system, this new range of carbon fiber tripods is another first from Gitzo. All mountaineer tripods in Series 1 and Series 2 are fitted with an anti-rotation grooved center column for increased stability. In addition, all carbon center columns are reinforced at the top for increased durability.
Gitzo carbon tubes use an exclusive process based on pull winding of long carbon fibers that are precisely wrapped and combined under high pressure and temperature with epoxy resin to a 1mm wall thickness. This manufacturing process ensures stiff, light tubes resistant to bending, have good tensile and compression strength, a high degree of stability in extreme temperatures, absorbs vibration and withstands fatigue better than other carbon fiber tube processes.
Carbon fiber Rapid center columns are now grooved to prevent rotation and increase stability. A stainless steel weight retractable hook is attached to the base of the center column, providing a convenient place to add extra stability in windy conditions.
Mountaneer 6X tripods are constructed using a "screw thread and adhesive" dual jointing technology pioneered by Gitzo. Called "H.I.S." (Hybrid Interconnecting System), thus construction technique provides greater strength and stability.
(*Although tubes are 30% lighter, actual weight savings vary by model based on castings, bushings etc.)
• Geared center column with safety lock
• Performance type -- enables the legs to be set individually at 24, 55 and 90 degrees to cover every angle you want to shoot
• 3 leg sections offer quick-easy setup and unsurpassed stability
- Finish: Gray & Black Enamel
- Material: Carbon Fiber 6X
- Column Type: Geared
- Number of Leg Sections: 3
- Leg Lock Type: Twist
- Foot Type: Removable Rubber
- Head Mount: 1/4-20 and 3/8" Reversible Stud
- Maximum Operating Height: 165 cm / 65 in.
- Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 135 cm / 53.1 in.
- Minimum Operating Height: 44.5 cm / 17.5 in.
- Folded Length: 63 cm / 24.8 in.
- Maximum Load: 8 kg / 17.6 lbs
- Weight: 1.86 kg / 4.1 lbs