(From company literature) Gitzo G1228 Mountaineer Reporter Mk2. Accept no imitations, this is the original. This compact 4 leg section version is the original carbon fiber tripod. Up to 30% lighter than equivalent aluminum versions without compromising strength, torsional rigidity, stability or durability. Four leg sections makes this ideal for outdoor nature and backpacking photographers.
Gitzo carbon tubes use an exclusive process based on pull winding of long carbon fibers that are precisely wrapped and combined under high pressure and temperature with epoxy resin to a 1.5 mm wall thickness. This manufacturing process ensures stiff, light tubes resistant to bending, have good tensile and compression strength, a high degree of stability in extreme temperatures, absorbs vibration and withstands fatigue better than other carbon fiber tube processes.
Carbon fiber Rapid center columns are now grooved to prevent rotation and increase stability. A stainless steel weight hook is attached to the base of the center column, providing a convenient place to add extra stability in windy conditions. Another first from Gitzo.
Mountaneer tripods are constructed using a "screw thread and adhesive" dual jointing technology pioneered by Gitzo. Called "H.I.S." (Hybrid Interconnecting System), thus construction technique provides greater strength and stability.
• Grooved rapid center column
• Performance type -- enables the legs to be set individually at 24, 55 and 90 degrees to cover every angle you want to shoot
• 4 leg sections offer robust stability for outdoor nature and backpacking photographers
- Finish: Gray & Black Enamel
- Material: Carbon Fiber
- Column Type: Rapid
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Leg Lock Type: Twist
- Foot Type: Rubber
- Head Mount: 1/4-20 and 3/8" Reversible Stud
- Maximum Operating Height: 153.9 cm / 60.6 in.
- Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 132.1 cm / 52 in.
- Minimum Operating Height: 32 cm / 12.6 in.
- Folded Length: 54.1 cm / 21.3 in.
- Maximum Load: 7.98 kg / 17.6 lbs
- Weight: 1.54 kg / 3.4 lbs