(From company literature) Gitzo G1227LVL Leveling Mountaineer Reporter Mk2 Tripod. Ideal for today's digital photographer, the G1227LVL series is new to the carbon fiber range. With the simple twist of a knob, your tripod is leveled instantly making it perfect for shooting on uneven terrain.
Features include a silky-smooth rapid center column that's grooved to prevent rotation, a stainless steel weight hook for added stability, a removable spirit level at the center column base, and ergonomic rubber grip locks for easy handling.
The G1227LVL is up to 30% lighter than an equivalent aluminum tripod yet it does not compromise on strength, torsional stability or durability.
Gitzo carbon tubes use an exclusive process based on pull winding of long carbon fibers that are precisely wrapped and combined under high pressure and temperature with epoxy resin to a 1.5mm wall thickness. This manufacturing process ensures stiff, light tubes resistant to bending, have good tensile and compression strength, a high degree of stability in extreme temperatures, absorbs vibration and withstands fatigue better than other carbon fiber tube processes.
The G1227LVL also incorporates Gitzo's Hybrid Interconnecting System (H.I.S.), a unique dual jointing system for greater strength and security.
• Grooved rapid Center Column
• Performance type - enables the legs to be set individually at 24, 55 and 90 degrees to cover every angle you want to shoot
- Finish: Gray & Black Enamel
- Material: Carbon Fiber
- Column Type: Rapid
- Number of Leg Sections: 3
- Leg Lock Type: Twist
- Foot Type: Rubber
- Head Mount: 1/4"-20 and 3/8" Reversible Stud
- Maximum Operating Height: 162 cm / 63.8 in.
- Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 139.7 cm / 55 in.
- Minimum Operating Height: 34 cm / 13.4 in.
- Folded Length: 65 cm / 25.6 in.
- Maximum Load: 7.98 kg / 17.6 lbs
- Weight: 1.74 kg / 3.84 lbs