(From company literature) Gitzo G1028 Mountaineer Weekend Tripod. The G1028 is a four-section tripod that offers more height over its G1027 counterpart.
Also new to the Carbon Fiber Tripod Series, the G1028 is ideal for travel photography. Designed for either digital or film cameras, the G1028 combines portability, stability, and lightness, and features a high maximum load capacity at a very low weight.
With a closed length of under 18", and weight just a shade over 1.5 lbs, transporting this tripod is easy; and when in the open position, the G1028 will comfortably support camera loads up to 6.5 lbs, while delivering a maximum height of 4 1/2 ft. (with center column extended).
- Finish: Gray & Black Enamel
- Material: Carbon Fiber
- Column Type: Rapid
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Leg Lock Type: Twist
- Foot Type: Rubber
- Maximum Operating Height: 137.9 cm / 54.3 in.
- Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 110 cm / 43.3 in.
- Minimum Operating Height: 40.9 cm / 16.1 in.
- Folded Length: 45 cm / 17.7 in.
- Maximum Load: 2.95 kg / 6.5 lbs
- Weight: 0.77 kg / 1.7 lbs