(From company literature) Manfrotto 300N Panoramic Rotation Head. The 300N allows the photographer to take sequential constant-angle shots around a single axis, an essential part of achieving accurate and easy-to-stitch panoramic compositions.
The set positions of the 300N give ample choice of rotation angle and also of the number of photos needed to complete a 360 degree pan. It covers the most common requests of panoramic photographers depending on the camera/lens equipment used.
A dual graduated scale on upper part of 300N rotation unit to set the angle of rotation to any of the following degree settings: 90, 60, 45, 36, 30, 24, 20, 15, 10, 5 (respectively equivalent to 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 24, 36 or 72 photos to achieve a full 360 degree rotation).
To make angle selection easier, a "click-stop" selector screw is included and attached to a safety cable to prevent it from being separated from the head and getting lost. The 300N also comes complete with a secondary locking screw which stops unwanted or accidental rotation of the head when heavy or off-center equipment makes it less balanced or when the head is used for non-horizontal rotation.
The 300N can also be used as a turntable base for object panoramas, or as a means of reading the angle of rotation of camera pan movements in a range of photography. A camera can be mounted on the panoramic unit by adding one of a range of quick release, sliding or fixed plates or a conventional geared, ball or 3-way head.
Note: We highly recommend using the optional 3416 (338) or 3502 (438) Leveling Base or a 754, 755B or 756B tripod when using the 300N.
• HOT SHOE TWO AXIS BUBBLE LEVEL [ 337 ]
• LEVELING BASE [ 3416 ]
• COMPACT LEVELING HEAD [ 3502 ]
• MDEVE CARBON FIBER LEVELING CENTER COLUMN [ 554 ]
• MDEVE LEVELING CENTER COLUMN [ 555B ]
• MDEVE LEVELING CENTER COLUMN [ 556B ]
• 3021B PRO TRIPOD (BLACK) [ 3021BPRO ]
• 441 CARBON ONE (3-Section) [ 3443 ]
• PRO GEARED TRIPOD [ 475 ]
• MDeVe CARBON FIBER VIDEO TRIPOD [ 754 ]
• MDeVe ALUMINUM VIDEO TRIPOD [ 755B ]
• MDeVe SHORT ALUMINUM VIDEO TRIPOD [ 756B ]
- Finish: Black
- Pan: 360 degrees
- Tilt: n/a
- Head Height: 6.3 cm / 2.5 in.
- Camera Mount: 3/8"-16
- Tripod Mount: 3/8"-16
- Maximum Load Capacity: 14 kg / 31 lbs
- Weight: 0.52 kg / 1.2 lbs