(From company literature) Tamrac 5578 Expedition 8. The Expedition 8 is Tamrac’s largest backpack for carrying the most extensive collection of photo equipment. Dual "wing" pockets with water-resistant zippers organize and provide quick access to important accessories without disturbing your other gear. These "wing" pockets also feature Tamrac's patented Memory & Battery Management System™ that uses red flags to identify available memory cards and batteries from ones that are used up. A tripod is cradled (centered and balanced) securely between these pockets with Tamrac's QuickClip™ tripod attachment system while the lower plastic-reinforced Tripod Foot Pocket holds two tripod legs secure.
A large front pocket with a water-resistant zipper holds a light jacket or extra gear. The main compartment is completely foam padded with numerous adjustable, foam-padded dividers to protect multiple pro-size digital or film SLRs, a full range of lenses, and flashes. A camera with a long zoom lens attached is suspended on two vertical, foam-padded dividers that are internally reinforced with rigid plastic. Restraint straps hold the lens firmly in place. Three Windowpane-Mesh™ pockets inside the front flap visibly organize filters, film and other accessories. A plastic, foam-padded platform in bottom provides shock protection while a LockDown™ rain flap protects the zipper from the elements.
The state-of-the-art harness system features Dual-Density Comfort Pads that provide maximum carrying comfort while Air Flow Channels help keep you cool and dry during extended use. The pack is also equipped with a BioCurve™ dual-pivoting waist belt to provide a wide range of adjustment. Cinch straps on the shoulder harness and waist belt, and an expandable sternum strap allow finer adjustments for maximum comfort. The harness also features "D" rings that accept Tamrac's optional backpack camera strap (Model N-11).
Strap Accessory System™ (S.A.S.™) and Modular Accessory System™ (M.A.S.™) attachment slots on the pack provide a convenient place to carry Tamrac's optional M.A.S.™ and S.A.S.™ products (shown on right). Four SpiderTabs™ provide additional attachment points for expedition equipment or extra clothing.
- Type: Backpack
- Available Colors: Black
- Outer Fabric: Unspecified
- Type of Closure: Zippers, quick release buckles
- Capacity: multiple pro-size digital or film SLRs, a large selection of lenses, and flashes
- Interior Dimensions (W x D x H): 28 x 16 x 52 cm / 11 x 6.25 x 20.5 in.
- Exterior Dimensions (W x D x H): 33 x 34 x 56 cm / 13 x 13.5 x 22 in.
- Weight: 3.29 kg / 7.3 lb
- Notes: Strap Accessory System™ (S.A.S™); Modular Accessory System™ (M.A.S.™); two Windowpane-Mesh™ pockets inside the front flap; Memory & Battery Management System™; QuickClip™ tripod attachment system; LockDown™ rain flap; SpiderTabs™ provide additional attachment points for expedition equipment or extra clothing