(From company literature) Tamrac 5501 Explorer 1. The Explorer 1 carries and protects a digital or film SLR (like Canon's 20D or Nikon's D70s) with a lens attached, an additional lens and accessories.
The main compartment features Tamrac’s Dual Foam Technology™ for shock protection and a custom fit to equipment. An external front pocket features Tamrac’s patented Memory & Battery Management System™, which uses red flags to identify which memory cards and batteries are available and which ones are used up. A Speed Pocket on the front flap secures and provides quick access to small accessories. A Total Coverage Top with quick-release buckle and zipper closures provides weather protection. Inside the lid is a smooth nylon pocket for holding lens cleaning paper and an open pocket in the back holds an instruction manual. An adjustable, BioCurve™ non-slip shoulder strap, and an EasyGrip™ carrying handle provide convenient carrying options for the Explorer 1.
- Type: Shoulder Bag
- Available Colors: Black, Blue
- Outer Fabric: Unspecified
- Type of Closure: Quick release buckle, zipper
- Capacity: 1 digital or film SLR with lens, an additional lens and accessories
- Interior Dimensions (W x D x H): 20 x 11 x 16 cm / 8 x 4.25 x 6.25 in.
- Exterior Dimensions (W x D x H): 23 x 17 x 22 cm / 9 x 6.75 x 8.5 in.
- Weight: 519 g / 1.1 lb
- Notes: Total Coverage Top; Modular Accessory System™ attachment slots; adjustable foam-padded dividers; full-length zippered Speed Pocket secures small accessories; accessory pocket in top