(From company literature) Lowepro Road Runner AW. These patented rolling backpacks have the harness opposite the handle — so the rolling frame doesn’t dig into you, the harness doesn’t drag on the ground, and the switch from carrying to rolling is easy.
The expedition-quality backpack harness is adjustable for torso length and has an internal frame, CollarCutTM shoulder straps with sternum straps, load adjustment straps, an ergonomic waistbelt and compression straps. The tough construction uses screws, not rivets. Both packs include an All Weather Cover™ (which can be used while rolling or backpacking); Tripod Mount™; and a built-in travel cover for harness and waistbelt. The Road Runner AW has a removable harness and add-on DayPack. The Road Runner Mini has a removable ergonomic waistbelt. Customize the removable insert for your gear or remove it completely to convert to a rolling travel bag. Attachment loops take optional SlipLock™ add-ons.
- Type: Rolling Backpack, All Weather
- Available Colors: Black
- Outer Fabric: Water-resistant 600D ripstop nylon and 2000D ballistic nylon
- Type of Closure: Zipper, quick release buckles
- Capacity: Pro SLR system with 6–7 lenses (up to 600mm f/4)
- Interior Dimensions of Insert (W x D x H): 33 x 15 x 52 cm / 13 x 6 x 20.5 in.
- Interior Dimensions of Daypack (W x D x H): 30.5 x 7.5 x 45.5 cm/ 12 x 3 x 18 in.
- Exterior Dimensions (W x D x H): 35.5 x 30.5 x 58 cm / 14 x 12 x 23 in.
- Weight: Unspecified
- Notes: Carry the roomy DayPack separately or fasten it to the Road Runner AW; customize the removable insert for many different camera systems; the All Weather Cover works whether you're rolling or backpacking; the tried-and-true Lowepro-designed wheel-and-handle system is tough with high bumper guards for protection and a wide wheelbase for stability; the Tripod Mount carries your tripod upright for better balance; the ergonomically designed backpack harness has all the comfort of our regular backpack harnesses; an integrated travel cover protects the backpack for snagfree traveling